See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
The PWM Asia Operations Client Servicing team supports PWM Asia & Australia business units' activities across trading, asset transfer, client reporting, and other operational function. The client services team consists of 3 staff members is located in Singapore (1 staff) and Hong Kong (2 staff). This open position is for the Singapore based staff member.
PWM Asia is an aggressively growing business. We are looking for a client service orientated Operations staff member who can make an impact and contribute to the growth story.
· Acting as the local client services main contact point for Singapore and Australia offices.
· Building and maintaining strong internal client relationship with all business units, including Senior Sales, Risk teams, IT, Finance and other Operations teams.
· Partner with stakeholders to deliver issue resolution and process improvements by monitoring email inboxes, face to face meetings on an ongoing basis with the PWM business unit
· Conduct training and face to face meeting with new Sales staff members on the operational workflow/processes
· Expand teams influence with other stakeholders
· Manage and implement LEAN processing excellence
· Involvement in projects requiring PWM Asia operations input.
· Assisting with team capacity with flexibility to cover BAU tasks for team coverage if necessary.
· Escalating risk related items to management on a timely and effective manner to minimize risk exposure faced by the team.
· Fostering an open communication environment to encourage streamline mindset for effective and better process. Qualifications:
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
· Outgoing disposition
· Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills with natural ability to speak with stakeholders who often are senior in rank
· At least 5 years experience in areas such as private banking operations, client services role, and middle office
· High degree of autonomy and independence while working swiftly toward deadlines
· Product knowledge in Cash, OTC Derivatives, Alternative Investments processing
· A thorough understanding of risk management and escalation.
· Ability to learn complex operations processes
· Strong process curiosity and desire to suggest and implement process improvements.
· Ability to influence others who are often not within direct reporting line in order to achieve desirable outcome
· The natural ability to establish and build effective working relationships with local and global colleagues.
· Excellent numerical and analytical skills
· Excellent MS office skills including PowerPoint and Visio.