Asset Management Division, Global Client Business, Public Capital Market, Vice President, Singapore
Asset Management Division (AMD) is one of the world's leading investment managers. AMD provides investment and advisory solutions that span a wide range of asset classes, industries, and geographies. We extend our investment capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Public Capital Market (PCM) is a new role within the GS Asset Management Asia ex Japan Client Business. The PCM team is responsible for the design, development, and management of GSAM's product range to drive the AeJ Retail strategic growth agenda. The team also provides comprehensive research on product gaps and trends, thought leadership and competitive differentiation of GSAM's investment capabilities. Product Development & Product Strategy
- PCM is responsible for leading the regional efforts and centrally managing the entire product development initiative and process. PCM will liaise with key stakeholders across the region, both internal and external. This includes assessment of the business opportunity, identifying potential pain points/risks/issues early and providing viable solutions to deliver a product in a timely manner.
- To lead and/or facilitate strategic product development related initiatives with other cross functional partners and build product strategies to support GSAM's AeJ business needs, with a focus on Singapore and Hong Kong Retail and Asia Private Banking channels.
- Work with AeJ Client Business Teams in identifying product gaps and opportunities, capitalizing on market and regulatory developments and trends.
- Develop a strong and effective partnership with the Client Business teams and maintain understanding of market needs and provide solutions that meet commercial objectives in a timely manner. Product Execution and Governance
- Responsible for the liaison with stakeholders including internal parties, external legal counsel and regulatory authorities, in respect of new fund registrations and product management matters.
- Operate as a subject matter expert on new products, changes to existing products or newly introduced product features, to support AeJ distribution efforts.
- Keep abreast of local regulatory and industry developments and upcoming changes to global product ranges, consequently assessing the impact to the local fund registration and distribution.
- Adopt and enhance regional "best practices" on product governance processes. Qualifications
- Senior VP with overall 15+ years of experience and relevant experience in asset management industry in a product development role.
- In-depth working knowledge of Luxembourg SICAV products and the regulatory environment within the Asia Pacific ex Japan region, with a focus on Hong Kong and Singapore. Experience in covering multiple markets will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex matters in a concise and meaningful way.
- Strong project management and stakeholder management skills; comfort with working across geography, time zones and functions to effectively lead or contribute in large workgroup settings.
- Comfort with ambiguity and dynamically shifting priorities, timelines, and demands.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability of reviewing and editing offering documents.
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally with relevant professional qualifications such as CFA is a plus
- Language competency - Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese will be an advantage due to business needs.