Asset Servicing – APAC Front-to-Back Product Lead
Bank of New York Mellon (BNYM) is a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution. We provide Investment Management and Investment Services that help individuals and Institutions invest, conduct business, and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon's 52,900 employees located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in assets under custody and administration, and more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management. In addition, the Company is the world's largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7 th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager. Role Description
BNYM is seeking to hire a dynamic, self-motivated proven leader to drive the Front-to-Back (FtB) strategy in APAC for the Asset Servicing business. BNYM Asset Servicing is a leading provider of Custody, Fund, Trustee, Data and Analytical Services across the APAC region.
The APAC Product Lead will utilize their deep understanding of the APAC Asset Servicing market, knowledge of client's needs and market dynamics to drive product development to position BNYM for accelerated growth.
As part of a product led organization, the APAC Product Lead will drive the formulation, prioritization, and execution of FtB business priorities in the region. The APAC product lead will partner with global teams to embed regional (APAC specific) requirements into global programs and understand the impact of those programs upon the region.
The lead will need to steer, partner, and influence a wide range of stakeholders including technology, sales, and client management to drive outcomes needed to deliver upon priorities. The product lead will be responsible for ensuring the product teams are positioned to discharge governance responsibilities including maintaining regulatory compliance, aligning legal entity needs and maintaining within acceptable risk appetite. Core Responsibilities:
- Leading the Asset Servicing Front-to-Back product strategy in APAC
- Drive the design and execution of strategic actions for growth.
- Drive strategy, prioritization, and execution of product roadmaps
- Partner with global product teams to embed regional needs in global programs
- Prepare and communicate business strategy and priorities to a broad audience, including executive management
- Identify decisions to drive better business outcomes
- Proactively focus on problem identification and problem solving
- influence and articulate with key intermediaries (consultants, systems aggregators),
- Oversight to ensure that the FtB business is run in an efficient and controlled manner
- Drive partnership between business and functional teams (e.g. technology, operations, risk, marketing, etc.) to achieve business objectives
- Partner with others global and regional product leads to share best practice and drive consistency across the bank
- Oversight and appropriately discharging governance responsibilities in the APAC region, including impacts of new products and changes to existing products upon regulation and legal entities.
The desired candidate will have deep expertise in working with and understanding buy-side operating models, deep knowledge of Asset Servicing products, Asian market dynamics and clients. Thorough contacts in the industry, have knowledge of the changes in client needs, regulations impacting the industry, competitor's business, and product development.
Proven track record of presenting to and influencing senior leaders, whether internal or our client's executives, understanding their problems and designing solutions to meet those needs.
Experience of formulating business Strategy focused to deliver growth through a Product led organization.
Prior experience responsible for execution of business priorities, leading and aligning cross functional teams to deliver common outcomes.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- MBA or similar postgraduate qualification
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of formulating and strategy
- Client facing experience
- Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
- Self-starter: ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
- Energetic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Strong project management and presentation skills
- Asset Servicing product acumen
- 10+ years of experience in financial services preferred
Asset Servicing Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979 Requisition Number: