Assistant Manager, Middleware
- Permanent, Full time
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Ltd
Assistant Manager, MiddlewareThis role supports the Senior Manager of Middleware and Database to design, engineer and administer middleware platforms located on-premise and in cloud running in Linux/Unix and Windows environments. You will provide optimized, secured, and performance tuned middleware environments (e.g., application servers, integration middleware, monitoring and other technologies) and create and maintain relevant build and operation documents.
You will promote and extend an agile continuous deployment paradigm, with a strong focus on IT automation and scripted configuration using tools like Jenkins, JIRA, Ansible Tower. You will work with Cloud team to design and engineer a DevOps self-service capability to allow for the automatic provision of cloud environments.
You will install, upgrade, patch, administer, secure, configure, and monitor these technologies, and suggest optimization and other improvements, and is responsible for monitoring and managing alerts and tickets, etc.
- Leads in the engineering of middleware platform environments
- Manages middleware installation, upgrades, patching, and security updates
- Creates and maintains appropriate build and operation documentation and best practices/standards
- Defining appropriate level of monitoring using industry-standard tools and ensuring alerting levels are meaningful and actionable
- Leads day to day operations of middleware environments (including application servers, ESB/API/MFT, BPM, packaged applications, etc.), and ensure the middleware performance meet expectation and requirement
- Integrate middleware platforms with Active Directory, Dynatrace APM, and other standard technologies within the infrastructure
- Contributes to project implementation following timelines and cost, managing
- Drives and implements IT automation allowing for reduced infrastructure management and deployment, self-service, and CI/CD capability
- Support the implementation and maintenance of DevOps tools -JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible Tower, etc.
- Liaise with IT teams in matter related to IT application, infrastructure, middleware, architecture and security.
- Mentors junior staff
- Degree holder in Computer Engineering / Science, Information Technology or equivalent with min 5 years experience in middleware platforms
- Relevant certification in Middleware, cloud, DevOps is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated skill with securing application platform environments
- Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining system documentation
- Demonstrated experience with IT Automation technology; Jenkins, JIRA and Cloud Formation a plus
- Experience in both cloud and on-premise environments
- Expert experience in backups, restoration, and high availability solutions
- Strong knowledge of shell scripting and/or other scripting language
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Proficient in the following technologies:
- Oracle WebLogic/SOA/BPM, JBoss EAP/Web, Apache web, Apache Tomcat
- Openshift/Kubernetes/Container, AWS ECS/EKS, Serverless function, API Gateway
- Dynatrace APM/DC RUM
- Knowledge in SOA, ESB, API.
- Windows, Unix, Linux
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong advocate of standards and challenge status quo with new and emerging technology to address new business challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level