Assistant VP, Credit Control Retail, Group Technology & Ops
Posting Date: 19 Nov 2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing. Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to the achievement of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and work actively to acheive KORIs.
- Work actively with Team Heads to acheive satisfactory audit review of all daily processes.
- Work actively with Team Heads to support new product/services launches of business units.
- Work actively with Team to met SLA turnaround time for daily processes.
- Actively participate in process streamling initiatives/training/conversion/Audit/UAT/Biz simulation/Mock Run/BCP/IT DRP etc.
- Work actively with Team Heads to ensure compliance of KRSCA and risk control descriptions.
- To process, check, verify and review the completeness and accuracy of data inputs for loan drawdowns, disbursements, redemption/cancellation of credit facilities.
- Review and checks that all security documents are properly executed and securities are pledged/collaterised to the bank for activation of facilities.
- Ensure lodgement of securities with SDCD via Bank's CDMS system.
- Ensure completeness of loan documentation before drawdown & disbursement of loans.
- Ensure compliance with Bank's policies and procedures, credit processes, operational controls and audit requirements.
- Ensure strict compliance with Banking Secrecy guidelines, Bank's internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to Bank's operating procedures and compliance with internal policies and guidelines of all loan transactions.
- Assist department on adhoc projects or attend adhoc project meetings for new product development, new or enhancement of systems and or operational procedural changes
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 2 to 5 years of banking operation experience in company credit and loan operations.
- Relevant experience in credit control, credit compliance review per credit policies, security documentation and perfection review per legal guidelines, legal conveyancing, facilities limit management and collateral processing.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference. Competencies