Assistant VP, KYC Periodic Review, Private Bank
Posting Date: 13-Oct-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department UOB Private Bank
is dedicated to managing the wealth of high-net-worth individuals with investment assets of $5 million and above. Keeping in mind our clients' financial objectives, we provide tailored products and solutions that draw on the Group's comprehensive suite of personal, business and investment services.
The Periodic Client Review Team is a sub team of the UOB Private Bank Middle Office, which is part of the Private Bank COO Office. Members of the Periodic Client Review Team perform various roles in the ongoing due diligence of Private Banking client relationships to ensure the clients' profile and the account activities remain consistent with the purpose of a Private Banking relationship, as well as conforming to the regulatory requirements and compliance expectations with respect to the Private Banking AML business risk appetite.
The Periodic Client Review Team provides guidance and partners the client facing teams to mitigate the potential AML/CFT risks as part of the client ongoing due diligence processes and performs quality control over the completed ongoing KYC reviews. Job Responsibilities
- To provide quality review for periodic ongoing reviews (OGRs) in accordance to established UOB AML policies and PB Middle Office procedures
- To complete assigned OGRs within established timelines
- To perform independent assessment of OGRs previously closed with conditions and decide whether to conclude with unwinding of conditions or to escalate with a well thought through action plan / closure strategy
- To provide prompt, concise guidance to stakeholders and handle escalations expeditiously
- To proactively identify areas of improvement and suggest viable solutions
- To participate in AML related projects as a content provider or a stakeholder
- To perform management reporting on key operational risk items
- To ensure no repeat review findings by Business Compliance, Group Compliance, Internal or External Auditors.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Ability to multitask and manage a high number of priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Able to deliver the solution in an effective and timely manner
- Able to apply lateral thinking when analyzing issues or solving problems, experience in research & analysis of data and documents
- Good verbal and written communication skills, hands on and versatile
- An expert in the use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Team player, self-motivate and diligent towards attaining goals and effective time management
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in the AML field (client onboarding review or ongoing periodic client review) in a Private Bank and must be familiar with the MAS626 requirements or other international AML/CFT standards
- Bachelor's degree in any Finance & Banking or equivalent fields
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.