Assistant VP/ VP, Emerging Market Credit Analyst (Fixed Income)
Posting Date: 08-Apr-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Asset Management Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department UOB Asset Management
is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services. Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join our Fixed Income team covering Emerging Market credits with a focus on EM ex-Asia.
Candidate has to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of sovereign and corporate analysis i.e. the methodology and thought process that all credit analysts should go through in making a credit decision
- Generate investment ideas through bottom-up research
- Build spreadsheet models, financial risk analysis, cash flow forecasting and financial ratios to assess an issuer's creditworthiness
- Be prepared to shoulder portfolio responsibilities over the long term.
Be a part of UOB Family
- A degree holder with at least 3-5 years' relevant experience covering Emerging Markets
- A team player, and committed to learn and adapt to changes in research coverage, and willing to take on added responsibilities as and when the need arises.
- Numerate and analytical
- Proficiency in IT tools and application such as VBA, Bloomberg is preferred
- Ability to understand and interpret various programming languages such as R, Python is desirable
- Highly self-motivated and be prepared to work under tight deadlines
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.