Assistant VP / Manager, Project Manager, Business Management, Global Markets (1-year Contract)
Posting Date: 10-Sep-2019
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Global Market
function leverages our in-depth knowledge of markets to provide timely financial advice, products and solutions to our clients. Together with our segment managers, we manage our clients' investment, liability and risk management needs through a comprehensive suite of treasury products and services across multiple asset classes. Job Responsibilities
This role sits within Global Markets (GM) Business Management and is responsible for project management of Global Markets and Risk-related projects and initiatives. You will be part of the user project management team working in close collaboration with IT project management teams.
- Project lifecycle management for planning and execution of key project phases: scoping, design, testing, mock runs and go-live preparation
- Project issues identification, discussion and resolution at the project working groups and escalation to management, where appropriate.
- Project governance via monthly project steering and working committees, and change control forum
- Operational and control specific coverage: Alongside the system functional design, changes in front-to-back operational workflows and functional responsibilities are also reviewed with stakeholders to address operational readiness with the system implementation.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in a finance, business or quantitative discipline. Additional finance / risk management qualifications such as FRM / PRM / CFA will be highly desirable.
- At least 3 years' experience in a financial institution with exposure to aspects of Murex system, the Global Markets product value chain (e.g., product and system features, processes and controls, risk and other operational considerations, etc)
- Knowledge of market and credit risk concepts and risk mitigation techniques such as margining will be desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ideally with experience in project management / coordination role dealing with varied stakeholders.
- Demonstrated self-leadership, perseverance and courage in light of challenges presented. Highly motivated and committed to deliver as a collaborative team member as well as a competent/independent individual contributor.
Apply now and make a difference.