Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Product Control
- Permanent, Full time
- MUFG Bank
- 23 Mar 19
The VP/AVP role within the Product Control team will be in charge of assisting and performing all reporting of PnL and risk data generation and analysis, monitoring market risk activities undertaken by Global Markets (Trading) and Treasury (ALM) for Asia and Oceania and be a significant member of the project team in charge of implementing unified market data operation and derivative evaluation across branches in Asia. The scope of products includes Rates & FX swaps, CCS, options, IR futures, Bonds etc.
Product Control functions
- Prepare daily, monthly and other periodic risk reports and provide PnL analysis for the bank’s trading and treasury portfolio for branches in Singapore
- Monitor individual dealer’s position and PL
- Monitor market risk greeks such as delta, PV01, gamma, vega and theta etc
- Monitor, investigate and report market risk limits and credit limits along with Volcker rule compliance
- Liaise with/answer inquiries from stakeholders, including Global Markets, Treasury, Back-office
- Perform ad-hoc project in order to improve the processes and operations
- Support front office in order to develop and introduce new products
- Capturing market data and ensuring integrity and accuracy of the data before uploading into front systems for Asia region
- Liaise with internal / external auditors to ensure good practices are adopted in the bank
- Support regional branch in all Product Control related matters
- Provide guidance and support to junior staff
Project Management function
- Support Head Office’s initiatives, middle office systems implementation in Singapore and other Asia Branches.
- Implement comprehensive management plan for each project and hold regular meetings to update on project and solving issues.
- Create business requirement documents, and review design specifications applying expert judgement when required.
- Review operation process and policies to help enhance workflow and process.
- Liaise with vendors to implement and enhance Enterprise Data Management (EDM) system.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, including Global Markets, Treasury, Back-office, system division etc.
- Liaise with Asia branches in implementing unified market data operations and derivative evaluation across branches.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematics / statistics / finance / economics or in a quantitative area is preferred.
- Working experience in market related jobs, such as Product control / Valuation control / Global Markets / Treasury / Market Risk / Treasury operations, at least 3 years.
- Leadership and problem solving skills to take initiative and handle Projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Interest rate derivative and especially past experience in OIS discounting, Yield curve construction will be preferred.
- Good knowledge of Excel, VBA and other MS office application.
- Good initiative and inter-personal skills, ability to work efficiently in a team and independently
- Good communication skills with colleagues in Singapore, regional branches and Head office
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.