Assistant Vice President, Corporate & Regulatory Affairs, Group Compliance
Posting Date: 30-Apr-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
function is a strategic partner and a trusted business enabler to the Board and senior management. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Group continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in today's tight and dynamic regulatory landscape. To do that, we work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and to assess regulatory risks. This collaboration also includes developing practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements as well as actively shaping and promoting stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank. Job Responsibilities
- Assist in providing regulatory advisory to corporate functions.
- Assist in performing regulatory risk assessments to assess business risks.
- Assist in crafting annual compliance plans for and engage corporate functions on the matter.
- Conduct compliance reviews and test compliance with applicable compliance laws, rules, standard and internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in conducting assessment for risk incident.
- Assist in providing support to the oversight of overseas entities through reviewing compliance documents.
- Assist in policy development and review.
- Assist in project management.
- Consolidate responses for Consultation Papers.
- Assist in addressing queries in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Assist in conducting research on regulatory regimes in and outside Singapore.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and disseminate regulatory updates.
- Represent the team in projects.
- Assist in maintaining e-learning training programs.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Law or equivalent.
- 5-7 years in compliance, audit, risk management or regulatory work in the financial services industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of compliance laws, rules and standards applicable to banking business and the ability to apply.
- Good knowledge of banking business operations and products and services.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills, meticulous, and ability to work independently.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to manage multiple demands and priorities.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Good judgment, problem solving skills and be results/task oriented to ensure sound implementation of controls, compliance processes and procedures.
- High personal standards of integrity, ethics and commitment to fulfilling the objectives of the position.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.