Assistant Vice President (Fund Accounting - Hedge Funds)
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development. About the Role:
Your role will encompass all facets of the calculation of net asset values on a variety of complex hedge funds. Managing a group of fund accountants, senior fund accountants and supervisors while working closely with your vice president, your responsibilities will include; Job Duties in Brief:
- Performing the administration of and any services pursuant to administration agreements in respect of a portfolio of hedge fund clients;
- Review & sign-off of Net Asset Value calculations, financial statements and associated reports
- Reviewing/Authorizing payments and other transactions;
- Building relationships & working closely with Citco Internal SSC & non-SSC teams including Operational Support, Middle Office, Pricing, Investor Relations and Relationship Management Fund Accounting teams
- Planning, scheduling and managing the daily workflows of all client deliverables within the team
- Effective monitoring of deliverables to ensure high SLA compliance within set accuracy standards
- Developing, adhering and maintaining target resource deployment to ensure adequate resources for production, overtime & cost management
- Ensure adherence of applicable best practice policies & client specific agreements.
- Address and/or escalate all material issues effecting the NAV production process or client relationship in general to Vice Presidentin a detailed & timely manner
- Managing & coordinating the Year end process with respect to audit timelines, Financial Statement Preparation, Regulatory filings, Tax services, etc
- Liaising closely with the Supervisor to identify and implement on the job training initiatives for team members; own team related duties including vacation management, performance appraisals, etc
- Engage & own intra-office migrations and/ or new client on boarding
- Contribute & own departmental initiatives while supporting team initiatives
- Drive forward continuous improvement, seeking efficiencies while maintaining adequate controls
- MINIMUM Bachelor Degree in Accounting , Finance, Business related area and/or studying for a professional accounting qualification.
- Min 7 years of experience in Financial Services with high volume operational environment and/ or hedge fund industry
- Supervisory skills with experience in managing and/or leading staff for 2-3 years
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Strong business acumen.
- Good client/ business relationship management
- Strong interpersonal & teamwork skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)