Core Functions & Responsibilities:
- Taking part in identifying key sectoral developments and assessing investment opportunities across asset classes (equity, commodities, funds etc.)
- Model commodity data for specific markets and produce ad hoc analysis based on short-term market developments
- Building fundamental commodity supply and demand models while staying on top of market research and insights
- Conducting research and financial analysis on assigned sub-sectors and relevant companies;
- Developing financial models and presentations for internal evaluation and investment committees;
- Structuring and driving transactions, actively contribute to discussions on investment strategy including consummating new direct investments as well as pursuing divestments where appropriate
- Monitoring existing portfolio companies and new direct investments (where applicable) against investment thesis;
- Establishing and cultivating relationships (including travel) with companies, research analysts and other relevant institutions; and
- Assisting with team's regular portfolio reporting and periodic firm-wide strategic initiatives.
The applicant should possess:
- Excellent academic qualifications in any discipline and passion for investing.
- 4-6 years of working experience in financial markets, with focus on commodity / equity markets
- Commodity investing, macro hedge fund, equity investing or research experience would be favourably looked at, with familiarity with one of the following sectors: metal & mining, materials & resources, commodities
- Good understanding of financial markets and their short, medium and long-term drivers
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong financial modelling skill and ability to perform fundamental research on the commodity sector;
- High level of interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within diverse teams and collaborate across multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently.
- Familiar with use of appropriate electronic data sources (e.g. Bloomberg, Factiva, Capital IQ, etc) for business and industry information research and productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, Tableau, etc).