The Sustainability Group seeks to embed sustainability into everything that we do.
In partnership with different parts of Temasek and our eco-system, the group initiates, develops and implements strategies to address climate change and to deliver a climate-resilient, net-zero portfolio; catalyses new business opportunities and solutions that contribute to sustainable development and create positive impact to our communities; advances thought leadership on various sustainability topics; and supports our growth as a sustainable organisation to create shared value and ensure long-term performance.
We are seeking an Assistant Vice President in the Sustainable Solutions team to support the team in areas of work in climate solutions . The candidate will lead research and investing analysis to help solve some of the most pressing problem statements; and to grow and scale adoption.
The candidate should ideally be familiar with sustainability, with a chemical engineering / chemistry / advanced materials background, and experienced in managing multiple stakeholders in the same field. Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the technology and commercial evaluation of investment opportunities in climate solutions
- Lead the development of investment strategies and trend analysis in emerging white spaces within the climate solutions space
- Degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, advanced materials or in other related disciplines
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Familiar with conducting technoeconomic analysis, investment analysis and financial modelling
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-faceted and complex projects, with strong execution capability
- Strong project management, organisation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Resourceful and with an ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to understand the broader strategic context and to exercise judgment in carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities
- Excellent communicator with good written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to generate buy-in and results
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills and knowledge on the fly