Indirect tax specialist - Manage the Branch's indirect tax reporting and compliance matters, comprising Goods and Services Tax and withholding tax. Responsibilities :
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Preparation of the monthly GST report and pass relevant adjustments
- Preparation of the Branch's quarterly GST return for submission to the IRAS.
- Advising business units on GST implications arising from transactions.
- Reviewing and suggesting changes to existing procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness of tax filings, as well as supporting initiatives to improve the tax processes
Singapore Withholding Tax
- Process withholding tax checklists for payments to non-resident vendors to ensure correct WHT treatment being applied.
- Preparation and submission of the Branch's monthly withholding tax filing
- Conduct review on payments to non-residents to ensure effectiveness of control.
- As a business partner, support business units with their tax queries.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Min 2 years of experience in GST in finanacial industry preferred
- Meticulous, able to work under tight timelines
- Proficient in MS Office, proficiency in Alteryx is a plus
- Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Team player