The Investment Review team provides independent evaluations of proposals to invest in private and publicly listed companies. The team's work focuses predominantly on equity investments, and occasionally debt and fund investments.
In co-operation with investment origination and execution teams the VP will:
Relevant experience and qualifications
- Lead investment reviews, including overall project management, managing interactions with origination and execution teams and supervise junior staff
- Identify key assumptions, valuation and risk drivers and stress-test financial models to assess the impact of various scenarios on value and returns
- Independently form a view on reasonability of key assumptions in financial forecasts and overall investment thesis; challenge these assumptions if necessary
- Provide a comprehensive risk assessment through review of non-model drivers, due diligence findings and ESG issues
- Form a well-reasoned view on structural aspects of proposed transactions (especially privately negotiated PE-type deals), especially from a risk and risk mitigation perspective
- Provide input for due diligence planning and participate in due diligence, including meetings with advisors and target companies
- Occasionally participate in the review of existing investee companies, particularly from a valuation and risk driver standpoint
- Develop transaction-specific monitoring guidelines for investee companies post investment
- Min. 7-9 years of experience in PE/M&A transaction execution (incl. PE fund, investment banking or in-house M&A environment), equity research, valuation, investment risk management, or in a transaction approval and evaluation role
- Alternatively, relevant experience in transaction services and M&A due diligence
- Significant experience building complex, integrated financial valuation models from the ground up
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, business administration, accounting or a quantitative discipline
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Detailed understanding of valuation methodologies, including complex DCF and LBO models
- Able to quickly grasp and understand business dynamics, risk and value drivers of target companies across all industries and geographies
- Commercially astute and able to assess an investment proposal in its entirety
- Previous experience in transaction processes, including due diligence
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Maturity and diplomatic influencing skills to partner with a wide spectrum of colleagues across the organisation, including origination and execution teams
- Confident and strong communication skills. Needs to be able to structure, discuss and present complex issues in an easy to understand manner. Able to lead presentations (incl. Q&A) to senior management and investment committees, Exco and Board.
- Eager to learn and able to work under tight deadlines
- Good team player who puts the organisation first
- Fluent English skills. Additional languages are a plus.