Standard & Poor's is looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Financial Services Ratings group as an Associate based in our Singapore office. The Associate will cover a portfolio of insurance credits with a focus of on South & South East Asia. Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Skills & Qualification:
- Analyzing information and data for determining ratings on insurance companies and their debt issues
- Making recommendations and presenting to rating committees
- Drafting press releases, company-specific reports, and industry commentaries in a fast-paced environment with publication deadlines
- Effectively communicating to clients Standard & Poor's methodology and procedures
- Continuous monitoring of operating performance of rated companies, including reviews of public filings and private information supplied by issuers, and participation in client meetings
- Meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters and assisting in resolving clients' analytical needs
- Contributing to Standard & Poor's global and regional analytical sectoral forums, and authoring related commentaries
- Bachelor's degree. Actuarial background, advanced degree, or CFA charter is a plus.
- Minimum five years of experience in an analytical position. Working experience in the insurance industry is a plus.
- Good understanding of financial and capital markets, business environments, and relevant insurance regulations in South & South East Asia.
- Solid financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to give effective presentations to senior executives
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast pace environment
- Ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at writing analytical reports
- Strong Chinese language skills preferred (including reading and writing).
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259782 Posted On: