We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Portfolio Execution Group (PEG) comprises teams involved in a broad range of functional roles that include: trade execution, treasury and currency hedging, securities financing, asset rebalancing, passive replication and portfolio completion' as well as applied quantitative research.
As part of the strategic drive to position data and research at the centre of PEG's decision-making for trading and investments, the Applied Research Unit (ARU) is looking for suitable candidates to join its existing team of Research Analysts to work on solutions relating to trading and portfolio optimisation, and to contribute to the existing proprietary analytics platforms. This role offers exposure to all major public market asset classes. Responsibilities
- Proactively conduct quantitative analysis for stakeholders in PEG and across GIC, for example the pre-trade cost model across all asset classes, the regular trading performance review with investment teams etc.
- Represent the team's views and research ideas to internal investment and trading teams.
- Seek to apply innovative, systematic methods to solve practical investment problems, such as optimized asset rebalancing window, FX returns forecast etc.
- Work with investment, trading and technology team to identify opportunities to optimize the investment workflows and processes.
- Build the solutions and tools to support the team's research agenda. Work closely with the technology team to define the scope of work with Agile methodology.
- A passion for public markets and a strong interest in market microstructure.
- A good understanding of money market and macroeconomics is desired.
- A minimal 2 years of execution/quant research or similar experience.
- Degree in a technical/quantitative field, preferably at a postgraduate level.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Ability to code independently in languages such as R, Python, SQL, kdb/Q.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, intellectual rigour, and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate well with Traders and Portfolio Managers.