The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC’s ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
This role is embedded in an integrated team that provides investment services for our portfolio-level research and investment activities.
· You will play a key role, building and supporting top-of-the-house portfolio analytics used directly by senior management, as well as analytics on macro-economic & market conditions
· As a person with strong analytical skills, you will use your technology know-how to bring value directly to the business. You will also be exposed to end-to-end portfolio construction processes, learning valuable business domain knowledge.
· You will participate in fast-moving agile projects and have the opportunity to work with the team on modern technologies, such as ReactJS, .NET Core. You will also have the chance of exploring emerging technologies.
· As an excellent team player with a collaborative mind-set, you will work directly with investment professionals at different levels. You will also work alongside experienced professionals across our extended Technology team in GIC as well as have exchanges with other industry partners.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
· Programming skills or mixed skillsets in C#, Python, R, SQL, Scripting (Powershell/batch), Excel/VBA
· Good experience in data manipulation libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, etc, with a good understanding of data structures, and time series data.
· Fair understanding of mathematical concepts, regression, probabilities, descriptive statistics
· Experience with visualization tools or libraries, such as tableau, plotly, ggplot etc.
· Strong collaboration skills, ability to partner and work effectively across teams and with business stakeholders
· Good communication skills, ability to articulate technology concepts, drive discussions on requirements with stakeholders
· Experience in system design, business analysis, solutioning and project coordination is preferable.