We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets (ISPM) is an integrated investment service team that leverages data and emerging technologies to provide services for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC's global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for an Associate/AVP to join our Investment/Strategy Services team to support Public Equities. The successful candidate will support Public Equities investment strategies in delivering sustainable top quartile performance. The candidate will interact with people at all levels across the firm. He/She will also need to work closely with teams in Singapore, London and New York, as well as counterparties and service providers across the globe.
The candidate will work closely with the Public Equities department across all asset/instrument types while managing portfolio implementation and deal support. He/She will be part of a team that work with multiple Equities Strategy Heads to help execute new strategies, refine existing ones and actively drive process enhancements across to continuously enhance the service offering. In addition, the candidate will support strategic initiatives across the organization, oversee governance and controls, and partner in platform/program rollouts as well as perform general business management functions such as resource prioritization and team/budget planning. Responsibilities
- Providing strategy execution support including setting up new strategies and portfolios, supporting transition management, client injections and withdrawals, benchmark changes, funding and portfolio restructuring / rebalancing.
- Support business strategy and infrastructure planning for Public Equities department.
- Support the Public Equities CIO in strategy capital management planning
- Project lead in strategy execution and change initiatives from initiation to post-implementation, including interfacing with other functions across GIC.
- Resolve front office issues and potential roadblocks arising from execution, operational, risk and compliance considerations.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and Analysts, handling ad hoc requests to support department and division reviews.
- Manage stakeholders across investment teams to deliver on initiatives and projects on a timely basis, with considered impact on the front office especially for corporate initiatives.
- Provide support on IPOs and placements including gatekeeping on pre-trade reservation and allocations for IPOs; work closely with the Deal team on non-standard deals.
- Work with other ISPM teams and relevant departments (including trading, risk, audit, legal and compliance) to drive process and system improvements and deployments.
- Perform other business management functions including business continuity management, resource and team/budget prioritization, income and expense management, and manage business performance framework.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree in either business, finance, engineering, technology or related field with ideally 2-4 years of relevant work experience in the financial services or related sector (not a must).
- Comfortable working with data and strong analytical skills. Experience with SQL, VBA or basic programming skills would be highly preferred.
- Structured thinker and problem solver. Project management skills highly preferred.
- A strong focus on either trade execution, operations, finance and/or data and analytics.
- Passion for excellence and an eye for detail.
- Ability to drive process and reporting improvements.
- Knowledge of and interest in Public Equities and Equity markets/instruments will be preferred.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, and resilient to challenges.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communications and analytical skills, who is keen to learn, support and contribute to the team's mandate.
- Self-starter, with strong initiative, who is hands-on and comfortable to manage multiple tasks, is confident to engage different stakeholders, and can work independently to deliver outcomes.
- Good working knowledge with MS Office, in particular MS Excel (e.g. proficiency with pivot tables) is a must. Good working knowledge with data visualization requirements and tools such as Tableau would be highly preferred.