We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Real Estate
The Real Estate (RE) arm of GIC invests in real estate and real estate-related assets outside of Singapore. We manage a well-diversified portfolio covering over 40 countries in property sectors such as offices, retail, hotels, residential, industrial, niche sectors and companies. Real Estate - Australia
The key role of the Australia team is to implement GIC RE's strategy to build its global real estate portfolio, with the primary objective of achieving superior long-term risk adjusted returns. To better achieve our goals, we are planning to establish an office in Sydney, Australia around mid-2022.
We are looking for a suitable candidates to join our Australia and New Zealand Team as an Associate/AVP. The ANZ team has a substantial direct real estate portfolio spanning across many sectors and cities. Besides traditional sectors of office, retail and industrial, the ANZ team has invested into alternative sectors like student accommodation, healthcare, multi-family etc. This role will be based in Sydney. Responsibilities
The Associate will be involved in both investment and asset management functions:
- Screen and evaluate deals, by performing market research, financial analysis and cash-flow modeling, investment feasibility, and making recommendations to senior members of the team.
- Associates are encouraged to form independent thinking and proactively share their views.
- Assist in managing the deal through the whole process, from preparing internal approval papers, to due diligence, negotiation, structuring, documentation and closing. Ability to multi-task and manage processes are critical.
- Play a key role in asset managing the existing portfolio, by working with JV partners or service providers like property managers and leasing agents. Key tasks include the development of annual strategic asset plans and budgets and overseeing their effective implementation. As GIC is an investment manager, the involvement will be more at the strategic level than operational, therefore effective engagement and oversight at the strategic level is key.
- Actively monitor the ongoing performance of the assets, through regular review of asset performance against budgets and benchmarks. One key requirement is to look forward, anticipate issues and recommend solutions ahead of time.
- Assist senior members of the team in business development and relationship building.
- Preferably Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Business or a similar discipline.
- At least 1 - 3 years' relevant working experience in investment and/or asset management. Exposure to the Australian property market will be advantageous.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative mindsets
- Strong critical thinking and business acumen, intellectual curiosity balanced with practical mindset, action-oriented and a good sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and an ability to deal with operational processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and savvy