We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC’s ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
This is an opportunity to join GIC as a Software Engineer (Associate/AVP).
This role is embedded in an integrated team that provides risk and performance analysis for all public and private investment activities.
- You will play a key role in building and supporting systems to identify and analyse risk & performance drivers of our investment strategies.
- You will be exposed in the entire spectrum of Risk & Performance domains:
o Market Risk
o Counterparty Credit Risk
o Operational Risk
o Investment Compliance
o Risk Reporting
o Performance Measurement & Attribution
- As a person with strong analytical reasoning and technical skills, you will use your technology and data know-how to bring value to the business.
- You will participate in high-value complex projects based on Agile principles and work with an expanded toolset beyond the traditional programming languages, including Tableau, Informatica, Jenkins and messaging technologies, while keeping an eye out for emerging technology trends and developments.
- With strong collaborative mind-set, you will work hand-in-hand with various facets of the business across Front, Middle, and Back Office, the extended Technology team in GIC as well as industry peers and partners.
- You will also work alongside experienced professionals and continue to learn.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Programming experience in ASP.NET.
- Working proficiency in Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Informatica, Tableau and Jenkins.
- Experience in Java, JIRA or Powershell would be advantageous