We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: POSITION OUTLINE:
The Asia Operations Associate/Senior Associate proactively and accurately manages a variety of investment operations activities. The role involves collateral margining, cash/liquidity management and coordination of portfolio transitions event. The position involves daily interaction with Portfolio Managers/Traders, Trade Compliance, Client Facing Professionals, Back Office Operations, Custodian Banks and Brokers.
The candidate will support the Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney offices covering APAC markets.
The role also requires direct interfacing with Middle Office/ Operations staff and other teams located around the globe. The successful candidate will demonstrate good judgment, strict attention to detail, an ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and work well in a dynamic group. JOB DESCRIPTION: Daily tasks include:
- Agree/dispute Collateral margin calls and facilitate pull backs on excess collateral.
- Calculation of margin requirements
- Run cash investing and liquidity models/reports for traders
- Address inquiries from Portfolio management and Account management.
- Research and resolve OD/ broker claim compensation.
- Daily reporting
- Perform daily reconciliations of cash forecast.
- Analyze liquidity and cash overdraft projection reports
- Ad Hoc
- Research and resolve inquiries from internal and external groups
- Participate in projects to enhance PIMCO's operational environment
- Assist Operations Manager
- Support manager in completing any assignment related to day-to-day requests from Operations, Portfolio, or Account management teams
- Assist manager in servicing client operational queries and requests
Position Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS:
- APAC Operations Team Leader
- 4 year university degree in finance, accounting, or economics preferred
- 5 or more years' experience, preferably in the financial service industry
- Direct working knowledge in collateral or cash management function preferred.
- Product knowledge in processing and settlement of various financial products (fixed income, forex, equities and derivatives)
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with MS computer applications, Bloomberg trade order management systems preferred
- Self-motivated problem solver and results oriented; contributing to the firm's success
- Flexibility in Shift arrangements (covering all APAC markets - coming in as early as 6am and may need to come in on Singapore holidays). Flex working arrangement will be in place.