Core Functions & Responsibilities:
- Taking part in identifying key sectoral developments and assessing investment opportunities across asset classes (commodities, equities, funds etc.);
- Model commodity data for specific markets and produce ad hoc analysis based on short-term market developments
- Building fundamental commodity supply and demand models while staying on top of market research and insights
- Conducting research and financial analysis on assigned sub-sectors and relevant companies;
- Focus on developing financial models and presentations for internal evaluation and investment committees;
- Assist in structuring and consummating new direct investments as well as pursuing divestments where appropriate;
- Monitoring existing portfolio companies and new direct investments (where applicable) against investment thesis;
- Establishing and cultivating relationships (including travel) with companies, research analysts and other relevant institutions; and
- Assisting with team's regular portfolio reporting and periodic firm-wide strategic initiatives.
The applicant should possess:
- Excellent academic qualifications in any discipline and passion for investing.
- 1-3 years of progressive working experience in financial markets, with focus on commodity / equity markets
- Commodity investing, macro hedge fund, equity investing or research experience would be favourably looked at
- Preferred but not essential: experiences in or familiarity with one of the following sectors: metal & mining, materials & resources, commodities
- Good understanding of financial markets and their short, medium and long-term driversExcellent analytical and quantitative skills, withstrong financial modelling skill and ability to perform fundamental research on the commodity space
- High level interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within diverse teams and collaborate across multiple stakeholders.
- Team player and self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independentlyFamiliar with use of appropriate electronic data sources (e.g. Bloomberg, Factiva, Capital IQ, etc) for business and industry information research and productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, Tableau, etc)