Functional Job Title: Regional Tax Specialist Corporate Title: Associate Department: Finance Employing Entity: Nomura Singapore Limited Company overview
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries and regions. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com .
Aon's Benefit Index ® , Nomura's benefits rank #1
amongst our competitors Function Overview
Corporate Tax team is responsible for ensuring Nomura complies with all applicable tax laws, rules and regulations in all jurisdictions in which it operates. We are also responsible for setting and updating the governance, risk and control environment for Tax in accordance with external and internal requirements. We provide and support new business initiatives by providing them tax advisory on new products, structures and also track and inform them of changes to tax laws.
A significant portion of the role involves working directly with stakeholders across the business, finance, operations and risk to ensure continuous dialogue and review of all matters relevant to tax compliance and advisory. Responsibilities:
The role will assume responsibility to provide tax compliance and advice to the front office on various transactions in the Global Markets space. This includes:
- Providing tax analysis on new products or transactions across Wholesale business for entire Asia Pacific Region
- Provide support on Transfer pricing calculations review and policy support.
- Review and update TP local files
- Compute tax provision, deferred tax. Monitor and update Fin48 positions
- Review and approve income tax returns and GST/VAT returns
- Running tax projects on implementing policies to comply with new tax rules impacting Nomura
- Understand Nomura's tax risk appetite and be able to make decisions within this framework
- Responding to general tax enquiries from the business and corporate tax functions
- Maintain regular interaction with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and present and discuss relevant tax news and developments impacting their business
- Work collaboratively across other functions such as Financial Control, Product Control, Legal, Compliance and Operations in order to formulate the appropriate tax analysis
- Ability to work autonomously as well as be part of the regional and global tax team to achieve all tax related deliverables
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the tax area within an international accounting firm or financial institution.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA
- University degree
- Good analytical and communications skills, excellent problem-solving ability, and ability to work with diverse groups.
- Must be able to work well under tight deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong self-starter, pro-active and team player.
- Knowledge of corporate tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing principles for Asia Pacific region
- Ability to manage special projects, transitioning these to business leaders as appropriate
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation. DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.