We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Real Estate
The Real Estate (RE) arm of GIC invests in real estate and real estate-related assets outside of Singapore. We manage a well-diversified portfolio covering over 40 countries in property sectors such as office, retail, hospitality, residential, industrial, niche sectors and corporates. Asia Strategic Investments Group (ASIG)
ASIG's key role is to execute GIC RE's strategy of building a global real estate portfolio to deliver superior long-term risk-adjusted returns. ASIG is a unique set-up based in Singapore, with a flexible Pan-Asia investment mandate. The team invests across the capital stack, via a broad range of products and structures (including private credit, distressed assets / NPLs, structured investments, multi-jurisdiction funds, platforms, corporate-style investments, special situations) and also manages a direct investment portfolio across South East Asia markets.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our team in Singapore as Associate / Assistant Vice President. Responsibilities
- Independently develop and maintain financial models for various types of investment structures (including debt and equity, listed and private, JVs, direct and indirect instruments).
- Screen and evaluate deals, including performing market research, financial analysis and cash-flow modelling, investment feasibility, and making recommendations to senior members of the team.
- Assist in managing deals through the entire process, spanning the preparation of internal approval papers, due diligence, negotiation, structuring, documentation and closing.
- Assist in formulating, researching and preparing papers / presentation decks for new investment ideas and themes.
- Support senior colleagues in managing investments within an assigned portfolio. Monitor the performance of these portfolio investments against the market, budget and business plans, with the objective of driving performance to achieve investment targets.
- Assist the team in conducting portfolio level risk and performance analysis, and creating periodic reports and annual strategy presentations.
- Assist senior members of the team in business development and relationship-building.
- Good academic qualifications with two (2) to five (5) years of relevant working experience in a banking, investment and/or asset management role.
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (Be proficient in preparing detailed investment memos and strategy presentation decks).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Creativity and ability to think out-of-the-box in unpacking complex situations, evaluating new niche sectors.
- Ability to effectively multi-task across a wide range of projects and deliverables, and drive work streams independently.
- Strong critical thinking and business acumen, intellectual curiosity balanced with a practical mindset, solution-oriented approach, and a good sense of urgency
- Willingness to travel across Asia.
- Languages (spoken or written in Asia) other than English is advantageous, but not necessary.