Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities Your key roles & responsibilities include:
1. Regulatory Compliance
- Disseminate, review and advise on Consultation Papers and new/ revised regulations, including collating feedback from relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in formulating and tailor our compliance policies and procedures to align with new business/ operational needs, regulatory developments and/or industry practice.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry practices and advise relevant stakeholders of the same; and (where applicable) tailor our compliance policies and procedures to align with new developments.
- Support the Section Head in the timely reporting of compliance issues/ violation or breaches to regulators, Management and Head Office (as appropriate).
- Assist in the performance of periodic Compliance Risk Assessment (as may be required).
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Organise Compliance Committee Meeting and Compliance Forum.
2. Regulatory Affairs
- (Where applicable) Act as MAS Liaison Officer.
- Assist stakeholders in applications or requests to MAS.
- Act as coordinator in liaising with stakeholders and collating requisite information/ data in response to MAS inspection or queries (which may be “routine” or ad-hoc in nature), information requests, questionnaires, surveys, etc as may be required by MAS, ABS and any other regulatory authorities or industry bodies.
- Administer the MAS correspondence register and MASNET user access.
- Disseminate information on compliance matters, such as MAS, ABS and other compliance-related circulars and notifications, as well as information on regulatory changes, and revision of compliance policies/ procedures, to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure prompt escalation of issues and concerns to Team Lead and Section Head in an appropriate manner.
- Undertake, participate and/or collaborate with respective teams in the Compliance section in ad-hoc compliance related projects.
- Keep undated on Head Office and Internal Operation Procedures, Head Office Official Circulars, and regulatory laws and regulations, and (where applicable) advise relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the development, implementation, review and revision of Compliance Manual, Compliance Risk Management Manual and Internal Operation Procedures.
- (Where required) Assist in the roll out of eClasses and any other tasks in connection with the Compliance Action Program (CAP).
- (Where applicable) Organise/ Participate in Compliance Committee Meeting, Compliance Forum or any other committees, taskforces, working groups, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall compliance and monitoring framework.
- Participate in ad-hoc Bank initiatives or focus groups, as representative of the Compliance Section as may be appropriate.
- Perform administrative work as may be necessary.
- Bachelor Degree
- At least 2 years of relevant experience