Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate Director - Institutional Sales South Asia. Principal Responsibilities
- Key role to expand client coverage, acquire brand new clients across institutional segment spectrum and generate significant sales revenues in HSBC Asset Management Singapore (“AMSG”)
- The South Asia region is key and strategic within the Asia Pacific region, with major pensions and official sector institutions, insurance companies, large family offices and corporates (semiconductors, shipping…) operate and continue expanding
- HSBC AM's Asia plans of growth and expansion require strong leverage of AM Singapore’s office, with local teams able to expand IB clients across all IB client segments
- Strong requirement to push alternatives and traditional strategies and ability to establish strong relationships with Bank RMs to increase referrals and reverse enquiries and represent HSBC AM Brand in the broader South IB community
- The role focuses on South Asia Institutional Sales. Coordination with Head of Sales and other sales colleagues is required for maximum efficiency in client acquisition and market share expansion
This is a sales role with revenue and P&L targets, in charge of business expansion across South Asia institutional clients for all long-term investment solutions and capabilities:
- Growth Targets including revenue, net new inflows, number of brand new clients brought to HSBC AM, across the entire spectrum of HSBC Asset Management long term investment product suite
- Target Client base: South Asia Institutions - Official Sector Institutions, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Insurance Companies, Securities Houses, Asset Management Houses, Corporations
- Contribute to the build-up and strengthening of HSBC Asset Management brand in South Asia and strong cooperation with Institutional Business teams in North and South Asia This role functionally reports into the Head of Institutional Sales South Asia
The role is part of HSBC Asset Management Asia Wealth programme, and critical to the ambitious growth expansion targets of HSBC Asset Management in Asia.
- At least 10+ years of relevant asset management experience
- Proven track record in sales/business development, institutional sales expansion
- Strong institutional client relationships and able to kickstart and fundraise quickly
- Exposure to investment solutions for all types of institutional clients, ability, and willingness to develop strong technical knowledge, wide range of investment management products across asset classes
- Prior exposure and deep experience to alternatives an advantage
- Excellent presentation skills, relationship management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel extensively in South Asia and Asia region
- Excellent proactive sales skills, self-starter, strong drive and proven sales track record
- Ability to work effectively across multiple groups, global regions and lines of business
- Highly organized and achievement-oriented to get deals done and funded, with a strong hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills and very strong teamwork abilities with strong interpersonal skills
- Good comfort and ability in working at all levels of seniority
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role, please contact the recruiter for this role.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.