The Role Responsibilities
This role will enable the person:
- This role is part of the ALCO/RALCO team within the ASEAN Regional Treasury (RT) team.
- The RT team is responsible for Capital, Liquidity and Recovery and Resolution Planning ("RRP") for ASEAN markets (SG, MY, TH, VN and Trust Bank).
- ALCO/RALCO function leads the monthly ALCO/RALCO through presentation of insights and data to the ALCO/RALCO to enable them to execute the Bank's strategy and efficient implementation and compliance with balance sheet management policies.
- The team is primarily responsible for managing and monitoring balance sheet trends, understanding the impact to capital and liquidity; and engaging key stakeholders to achieve the Bank's balance sheet objectives.
Key roles and responsibilities of this role:
- Gain exposure and insights into the operations of several businesses such as Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance, Retail and Wealth.
- Build and form relationships with colleagues in ASEAN, gain exposure to balance sheet trends and challenges in these countries and region.
- Develop analytics and analyse trends into specific business/products which will be used to aid the bank make optimal decisions around balance sheet mix and pricing.
- Develop new BS MI and trend analysis and compare balance sheet moves vs targets set for each business to highlight any material deviations from target.
- Learn key banking concepts such as RWA (Capital Management) and LCR (Liquidity and Cashflow management).
- Work closely with business/treasury markets to understand key concepts like RWA and LCR, and track movements and drivers across key BSM metrics (e.g., LCR, NSFR, ADR).
- Work closely with the technology team to develop practical, technology-led solutions to enhance analytics, management information (MI) and key trends to improve timeliness and access to information and make decision making more efficient and effective.
- Work on optimisation and standardisation initiatives across the region.
- Be part of a diverse team and work with colleagues across several geographies.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Work with all businesses to analyse, strategize and recommend liquidity optimisation for ALCO/RALCO consideration.
- Work with all countries to ensure alignment in balance sheet strategy, including liaisons with country balance sheet teams.
- Prepare monthly ALCO/RALCO pack for discussion and ALCO/RALCO secretariat arrangement.
- Ensure ALCO action points are followed -up and driven in a timely manner.
- Supporting role to LCR & NSFR reporting - providing governance, control and proper escalation of liquidity constraints on the bank.
- Manage and guide the GFS team in delivering on objective and tasks.
- Work with the technology team to develop and deliver analytics and MI.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the country / business unit / function/ team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional Treasurer
- Head and Directors, Treasury Market
- ASEAN countries stakeholders (SG and TH, MY and VN):
- Country CFOs
- Head and Senior Managers, ALCO, RALCO & Liquidity Management Singapore
- Head & Senior Managers, Treasury Liquidity
- Head & Senior Managers, Business Finance (CCIB and CPBB)
- Head & Senior Managers, Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting
- GFS, Chennai
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 5+ years of banking/finance services experiences with strong control background.
- Preferably a qualified accountant or MBA and familiarisation with computerised accounting & processing systems.
- Should possess basic knowledge of banking transactions and have general knowledge of banking regulations.
- Should possess basic knowledge of financial markets products offered.
- Should be conversant with financial analysis tools.
- Should be a resilient, self-started with well-developed communication and inter-personal skills.
- Banking/finance services experiences with strong control background.
About Standard Chartered
- Good understand of balance sheet, asset and liability management.
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholders in delivering objectives and outcomes.
- Strong excel and data analysis skills.
- Basic knowledge of financial market products, liquidity and capital.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers