About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities Business
Provide junior support in the coverage and/or execution of transactions for the Industry.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Perform financial and valuation analyses using various methodologies relevant for the Industry
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyse the impact of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Participate in both origination and execution of transactions, from the pitch phase through to closing
- Prepare presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as strategic alternatives, capital markets activity and general corporate finance
- Participate in the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions including due diligence and drafting of documents
- Maintain up to date knowledge on clients and targets
- Research and analysis of markets and industries
- Research and financial analysis of companies based on company information, research reports, and other information sources
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the Bank
- Involved in day to day project management, execution support and stakeholder management
- Complete all required credit and regulatory examinations
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Relationship Managers
- Credit Risk, Legal, Compliance, Operations
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Transaction Banking
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 3+ years of Experience in Real Estate Industry
- Engineering Qualification with relevant Industry experience or Degree or post graduate qualified from a top-tier school
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Prior experience in a top-tier investment bank with a track record in Structured Debt, Project Finance, M&A, Capital Markets, Financial Markets or Structured Trade transactions is essential
- Solid financial evaluation and excel abilities
- Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- Strong work ethics, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver under time pressure
- Track record of working as a team member
- Manage Conduct
- Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Business - Strategy and Model
- Business - Market Knowledge
- Business - Products and Processes
- Financial - Balance Sheet Management
- Sales - Prospecting
- Sales - Account Planning
- Sales - Client Pitching
- Sales - Relationship Management
- CIC & CF - Bank Lending
- CF - Corporate Valuation
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers