Moody's Analytics is seeking an experienced account manager with technical abilities to help lead client engagements for the Moody's Analytics Add-in for Excel and Moody's DataHub which are designed for use by risk analysts and data scientists. These offerings provide access to Moody's extensive credit data sets, along with comprehensive tools to support analysis and modeling of data.
The successful candidate will be comfortable developing relationships with key decision makers and running a large book of accounts to drive the installation and adoption of Moody's offerings. The candidate will work on the implementations of Moody's technical data solutions with data science, quantitative and IT teams. A familiarity with Moody's role within the capital markets, financial statement analysis, and strong financial modeling and programming skills are important.
The Engagement Manager role presents a unique opportunity to be involved with a large number of teams within Moody's Analytics (MA). The engagement team sits within product strategy at MA, but also requires consistent interactions with sales teams, product developers, and other internal collaborators. Engagement managers will gain a broad understanding of different teams within MA and use that knowledge to inform about product feedback and build strong relationships between MA and its customers.
The Position can be located in Hong Kong or Singapore. This role requires travel; up to 25% of the time. Key Responsibilities:
- Handle the needs of a large book of accounts for a designated territory in the Asia Pacific region; includes running all activities from software installation, demos and training to custom project work and solutions
- Conduct product and training sessions for new and existing customers
- Support creation of custom models using Moody's data and tools including Excel Add-in, Jupyter, Anaconda, Hive, and other data science tools.
- Uncover opportunities to increase usage of MA's solutions by data science, quantitative and IT teams
- Consult clients on the technical data solutions that fit their data needs to support sales team revenue generating efforts
- Link up customer feedback back to product strategy to develop the next gen data delivery suite
- Construct numerical models and author case studies to demonstrate the capabilities of Moody's data technology solutions.
- Coordinate with MA's quantitative modeling team to develop case studies to assist customers in learning and applying Moody's solutions
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a financial services, programming, or engineering related field
- 2 to 3 years of account management experience, preferably in financial services, or a major market data provider or consulting firm
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a strong focus on the customer and getting results
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong curiosity about fixed income, credit ratings and fundamental credit analysis; CFA candidate or other financial services certification a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (VBA a plus); Experience with Excel Add Ins and market data preferred
- Understanding of use cases and experience with current data science tools; specifically R using R Studio and/or Python using Jupyter notebooks
- Proven experience with structured query language (SQL) intermediate to sophisticated concepts
- Proficiency in Mandarin is a must due to the scope of clients that you will be looking after
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody's Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients' growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today's business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.