Industry Research Department, Asia Office - Asia Office 1 (IRD)
Overview of Division/Department
Our Industry Research Department - Asia Office (IRD) is responsible for providing industry and market research in Southeast Asia, India and Oceania. This research is specifically for the origination and promotion of business strategies (e.g. Business Alliance, Merger & Acquisition) to our customers, who are predominantly Japanese. They works closely with our Tokyo Head Office and the regional Relationship Managers to identify our customers' needs and issues, conduct research activities and provide advisory services to those customers. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
Job Requirements What you should have:
- Conducting industry and market research in the Southeast Asia, India and Oceania regions
- Developing and presenting business and market entry strategies
- Conducting research on areas such as business alliances, Joint Ventures and M&A according to client's requirements
- Providing fee-based advisory services for predominantly Japanese customers, including market structure and participant research
- Providing and sharing industry knowledge internally within the Mizuho group as well as writing and publishing external reports\u2028
- A Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience as a research analyst or consultant
- Experience in advisory work with regards to M&A or Joint Venture is advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced fluency in English and the Japanese language is required as there would be communication with Head Office and customers in Japan.
- Fluency in Thai or Vietnamese as you are required to speak to branch offices too
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"