The Associate Manager is responsible for reviewing day-to-day accounting activities including, calculation of daily/monthly NAV (Net Asset Value), compiling standard financial statements, and analysis of regular fund income/expense accrual for assigned funds or those performed by the team. Also ensuring that the NAVs are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines, and ensure strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies
- Handle accounting for assigned moderate to complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
Month End Tasks
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned moderate to complex funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation (“ME pack”) fully supported with source documentation.
- Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
- Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
- Review investors allocations and fees calculation - Price Products
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Prepare yearend audit financial statements and audit packs
- Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- New business onboarding such as fund documentation review, drafting of operating memorandum & pricing policy, trade interface development and systems setup
- Provide adequate coaching and guidance to team members. Keep abreast of all alternative investment industry developments and drive any procedural or technology enhancements accordingly
- Assist Managers on projects such as process improvement, query follow up and issue resolution
- Work with team members in Operations, Investor Services function as necessary.