Associate, Nostro Business Management Support, Ops COO, Ops Risk Management, Reconciliation Services Unit, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Ops COO Ops Risk Management - The RSU provides the full support to DBS group in the management of Nostro & General ledger accounts reconciliation. The unit has two functions: - Nostro & Clearing account reconciliation & the Business Management Support (BMS) that manages reconciliation system's static data, feeds processes and production of daily escalation reports and MIS aging reports for stakeholders.
The Nostro BMS Associate role is to support the Business Management Support (BMS) team and participate in new business initiatives and projects UAT. Responsibilities
- Manage reconciliation system processes, including but not limited to static data updates, statement data upload and upstream data feeds monitoring.
- Reconciliation system auto-match rules analysis, creation, and testing to maintain and exceed automation targets.
- Escalate and collaborate with Technology Support on any data exception, errors and abnormal issues identified during daily feeds processing.
- Manage and execute Weekly/Monthly MIS reporting to senior management.
- Collaborate with technology support to ensure reconciliation system performance and scalability are in-line with business requirements.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and system migrations discussion & testing.
- Liaise with Ops users to develop comprehensive User Acceptance Testing (UAT) test plan.
- Assist Ops users and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Ensure all business requirements and UAT documentations are maintained according to required standards.
- Reconciliation process re-engineering achieving standardization and improvement in controls.
- Enhancement of auto matching rules.
- Ability to work well with stakeholders across different business and countries.
- Oversee daily production activities, deputise for the BMS team lead.
- Degree holder preferably in Accounting or Engineering but other disciplines are welcome to apply.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Banking.
- Experience in Nostro reconciliation or operations, managing SmartStream TLM system or other reconciliation systems will be highly beneficial.
- Ability to collect and analyse information and make recommendations to improve productivity.
- Able to independently engage Tech Support & Business Unit on BAU matters as well as to escalate and articulate issues and proposed resolutions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good command of software skills, MS Office etc. Knowledge of SQL, Python will be beneficial.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.