We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Private Equity Investments
The Private Equity arm invests through funds as well as directly in companies, partnering with our fund managers and management teams to help world-class businesses achieve their objectives. We currently have over 100 active relationships with fund managers and have invested directly in more than 1000 companies globally across multiple sectors. Private Equity Secondaries
The Secondaries strategy aims to invest with leading private equity secondary sponsors and participate in a wide array of secondary deals involving the acquisition of private equity fund stakes and GP-led transactions. The Secondaries team also supports the management of the Funds and Co-Investments portfolio through the analysis, purchase, and sale of assets through the secondary market.
GIC is looking to hire an Associate to join the Secondaries investment team in Singapore on a 2-year fixed-term contract (full employment terms & benefits). Preferred candidates should see this as a unique opportunity to gain exposure to Private Equity with the intent to pursue other opportunities after the two-year period, e.g. MBA, postgraduate, etc.
The Associate will be part of a global team with colleagues in London and New Yok. The Associate should expect to focus on Asia or emerging markets, with occasional opportunities to support transactions in North America and Europe. Responsibilities
- Building of excel based models to value operating companies, funds, portfolios and securitized structures
- Support the preparation of deal memos and assist in Investment Committee presentations
- Represent GIC with private equity managers, company management, counterparties and intermediaries during due diligence and monitoring
- Coordinate with other strategy groups (Funds, Direct Investments, Venture, Infrastructure, Real Estate, Public Markets) on investment opportunities
- Maintain market and deal databases
- Assist in deal closing with internal and external legal counsel, back and middle office
- 1 to 2 years in investment banking, private equity, or similar work experience
- Good academic qualifications and demonstrated performance
- Maturity, presence, organization and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office, corporate finance, and excel valuation modeling
- VBA or other programing experience, CapitalIQ, foreign languages a plus