Associate, Product Designer, Middle Office Technology - Risk, Group Design, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Responsibilities
You'll spend most of your time trying to simplify very complex products and ideas. It may be an uphill battle, but it's worth it. If you succeed, your designs will enable thousands of people to serve millions of our customers better. We say that, if you can work in a bank, you can work anywhere. Don't worry, we're a nice bunch of people. Around here, we go out of our way to help one another.
- You'll spend time with our wonderful research team. Together you'll try to understand the business goals of your project and, more often than not, meet the stakeholders to redefine the problem statement.
- Once you know where you're going, it's time to tackle the behemoth tech systems and legal restrictions of a bank. Your product manager will become your best friend. You'll message the tech lead more than your parents. You'll get a crash course in finance law.
- We do respect the privacy of people with headphones-on, trying to avoid eye contact. So you'll have the time to actually produce work you're proud of.
- We want to hire people who have opinions, believe in their ideas and are willing to fight for them. But we also want people who can recognize when a better argument or solution is put before them. All of us participate in user testing, and so will you.
- Like we said, producing good work is not good enough if it doesn't get built. We love you, Dribble/Behance. It's not you, it's us. You will meet stakeholders from different departments and articulate your ideas so clearly that you'll become an honorary Toastmaster.
- To prepare for those meetings you'll need to check the latest relevant data.
- Before you know it, it will be Friday and time for team dinner, drinks or Creative Day (we do something fun and creative together once a month).
Your team and career
- You will be part of the DBS enterprise design team.
- The enterprise design team is redefining what great internal tools look like: working on a collaborative platform to enable bankers, credit risk managers and credit controllers to manage corporate loans digitally.
- Behind the scenes, the team understands how important it is for a proper design process and system to be in place before great things can happen.
- You're an end-to-end designer: you can turn high-level requirements into well-posed problem statements, wireframes, prototypes or Powerpoints for the management teams.
- You can talk confidently and clearly about design and build lasting relationships with our stakeholders.
- And you're not afraid to improvise-to think on your feet-when required.
- You can brainstorm the next big thing one moment and still tweak pixels right before launch.
- You have the ability to prioritize (you don't focus on illustrations if the UX looks like a love child between Frankenstein and Krusty the Clown).
- You work smart and are ready to improve processes.
- You have enough curiosity to stay savvy about industry and UX trends.
- You have confidence in your ideas and the ability to communicate them clearly.
- You follow through-when built, your designs actually look and work like they should. You monitor products after launch and are ready to suggest improvements.
- You actively contribute to the UX community.
- You're kind of a behavioural science geek.
- You have personal pet projects you work on for fun in your free time.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.