- The role holder will be primarily responsible for Giro, SI, SO Processing, Time Deposit setup and payment financials.
- The role holder is expected to actively take part and provide inputs from Operations perspective in business engagements in delivering projects / change management initiatives.
- The role holder shall be responsible for monitoring and governing the key KPIs for outsourced operations relevant to his /her core areas.
- The role holder shall be responsible for resolving client complaints and queries pertaining to the areas under his / her responsibility.
- The role holder is expected to continuously review the opportunities to improve processes that may result in efficiencies, and proactively work towards risk mitigation, etc.
- Drive culture of continuous improvement through adopting new ways of working.
- Drive seamless change delivery through effective project management and business support.
People and Talent
- GIRO processing and Payments
- Risk management
- Outsourcing management
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Pro-active and effective risk management focussing on improving self-identification of issues to reduce residual risk with strong governance and focus on external outsourced partners, controls and conduct.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Product / Business
- Risk Groups (Business Risk, Information and Cybersecurity, Data Protection)
- Outsourced partners
- Legal and Compliance
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 2 - 3 years of Retail bank Operations experience in Singapore / ASEAN region in banking operations specialising in the areas of GIRO processing, clients payments with basic knowledge for account reconciliation.
- Experience in managing projects / change management in the related domain will be an added advantage.
- Highly organised with good communication skills.
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Prepared to commit for the long term - We are developing the individual for the long term.
- Stakeholder management capabilities.
About Standard Chartered
- Financial Services Industry
- Process Improvement
- Process Management
- Regulatory Environment - Financial Services
- Retail banking services
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers