Description About this role Job Purpose / Background
BlackRock Platform Innovation (BPI) sits at the intersection of various lines of business, where we apply expert knowledge of BlackRock's organization, processes, and technology to change the firm for the better. We will teach you how the world's largest asset manager actually works, and you will apply that knowledge to some of the firm's most strategic, complex, and high-valued projects. This is not your traditional project management role; we are looking for world-class problem solvers who want to learn the details and be intimately involved in designing and implementing scalable solutions. Our team is small, but this role will provide you with the opportunity to make an outsized impact.
Here in BPI, we pride ourselves on developing our people, improving leadership and delivery skills, and broadening firm and industry knowledge. Projects and roles are assigned not just based on successful delivery, but also on individual development objectives and career aspirations.
At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage you in our collective success. We have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference. As an Associate in BlackRock Platform Innovation, you will:
Wish list for our ideal candidate:
- Partner with business leads to drive strategic projects, including complex client and technology mandates and commercial opportunities to completion
- Develop project objectives with measurable goals, drive consensus, and communicate plans and results to stakeholders
- Define simple feature requirements
- Advise business partners on workflow improvements to get the most out of our technology and teams
- Partner closely with engineers on prioritization and day-to-day execution
- Engage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the firm to effectively navigate global organization
- Simplify complex topics and create innovative solutions for a wide variety of issues
- Develop content knowledge and dive deep into any topic that comes our way
- Stay current on global finance and technology trends impacting BlackRock
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Ability to clearly articulate objectives and influence outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in business process analysis, design, and implementation
- Ambitious and proactive: able to show initiative and come up with ideas without prompting
- Technical aptitude, understanding technology in a business context
- Experience working with global, distributed teams across multiple cultures and time zones
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and the courage to ask tough questions
- Strongly believes in BlackRock's purpose
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.