Our client, who is a European bank, is hiring for a Maker / Checker for their Trade Finance Operations Processing team.
· To perform the role of Maker/Checker for insourcing back-office to process LC documents, import acceptance/payment and export LC negotiation/acceptance/discounting and collection bills (end to end LC & Collection bills).
· To process end to end LC & Collection bills in FBTI (back-office processing system)
· To ensure a smooth and efficient workflow between our CTF and insourcing back-office processing team in Singapore (The Team).
· To perform vessel screening and AML checks on import and export LC & Collection bills and other relevant transactions via the relevant AML screening tool.
· To streamline processes and constantly improve efficiency between the Team and CTF teams.
· To participate in digitalization or projects relating to the back-office processing systems.
· To perform other job duties as and when assigned by local and the relevant CTF Team heads or Managers.
Act as cover for 1st/2nd document checker for insourcing of CTF import and export LC documents ("LC documents")
· Identify documentary discrepancies, if any, in accordance with the latest ICC standard rules and guidelines and International Standard Banking Practices etc.
· To highlight documentary discrepancies, irregularities and any red flags item arising from AML screening in efficient manner to CTF team for their necessary actions.
· To participate in digitalization or projects relating to the LC Document Checkers Team as and when required by CTF.
· To support Singapore Document Checkers Team in documents checking function as and when assigned by the Team Head and/or Head, TFSS.
· At least 3-5 years (Associate) / 6-8 years (AVP) of relevant experience in import and export LC documents checking and end to end LC/Collection bills processing.
· Meticulous and possess good knowledge and processing skills of commodity LC/Collection bills.
· Those with good documents checking skills (preferably with CDCS) and exposure of commodity trade LC documents is an advantage.
· Sound knowledge of ICC rules and practices with good knowledge of latest version of UCP/ISBP/ISP.
· Good understanding of trade finance due diligence/AML requirements.
· Has working knowledge and experience with Trade Innovation Plus is an advantage.
· Good team player and work well in fast pace working environment.
· Must be available to work during Singapore public holidays, however off in lieu will be given.
· Possess good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point applications.
· Good attitude and interpersonal skills.
EA License Number: 18C9289 | Registration Number: R22106136
By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us disclosing your personal information to prospective employers for their consideration.
Under the revised Employment Agencies License Condition 5(b), employment agencies (EAs) are required to collect the personal data (e.g. NRIC, FIN) of applicants referred to employers for permanent or contract job positions of at least 6 months with a fixed monthly salary of $3,300 and above. PDPA requirements on collection, use and disclosure of personal data are not applicable to EAs that are collecting such information, as it is a regulatory requirement.