Associate / Senior Associate - Enterprise Development (Singapore)
The Enterprise Development (ED) team serves as a development engine, going beyond investing for growth to building for growth.
Its overall objective is to build new platforms, rejuvenate businesses and realise synergies from a connected portfolio through projects that will foster coordination and collaboration among our portfolio companies.
ED is supported by the following to fulfil its objectives
- Build new businesses - Building platforms to address trends / disruptive opportunities
- Transform existing businesses - Merger and/or Acquisition of capabilities for portfolio companies
- Enable businesses - Enabling businesses through creating funding sources and shared services
The team focuses on mapping our future business value chain; staying abreast with innovation and macro business trends; and identifying and developing new business enterprises that have the potential to be global, regional or domestic champions. We are looking to hire individuals with a strong passion to be in the business of building, transforming and growing companies.
Individual is expected to:
- Work closely with and enhance existing portfolio/platform companies, including
- Identifying and executing investment and M&A opportunities
- Enhancing business development strategies
- Enhancing connectivity to the wider Temasek ecosystem
- Support the building of selected sector platforms from greenfield, brownfield and/or acquisition opportunities
- Be involved in Identifying / capitalizing on new trends for investment i.e.
- Evaluation of the commercial viability and relevance of potential investments
- Developing investment theses and conducting due diligence
- Executing on investment opportunities
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Conduct market research, due diligence and perform industry / company analysis
- Assist in the creation of strategic and execution plans for platforms; work with companies to refine business development strategies
- Participate in the process of identifying and assessing investment opportunities spanning across several sub-sectors.
- Building detailed financial models and analyzing financial statements to evaluate investment and M&A opportunities
- Evaluating, undertaking due diligence, closing investments as well as ongoing support of and performance monitoring of platform / portfolio companies
- Prepare internal reports, business cases and proposals for internal review and investment / divestment approvals
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with companies, corporate partners, industry stakeholders and other relevant institutions.
- Portfolio monitoring including tracking performance, identifying areas of engagement, capital deployment, portfolio allocation and returns
- Support on institution-wide projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, STEM
- Ideally between 1 to 3 years working experience in consulting, corporate finance, M&A or investment research firm.
- Analytical and curious mind: Able to glean insights from data; keen to learn about new industries and business models
- Interested in building enterprises and developing project management skills
- Able to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty
- Collegial and collaborative team player
- Self-starter who is able to manage multiple priorities and to work independently
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Background in Programming and/or CFA (level 1) / MBA will be advantageous