Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The position will be based in Singapore and report directly to an Internal Audit Director of PayPal. The position will be responsible for supporting the Global Internal Audit Plan with an emphasis on audits in Singapore. Job Description Summary: • Execution of the global internal audit plan • Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to compliance and legal risks in accordance with our audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework. • Contributing to risk assessment / business monitoring and the overall implementation of group audit methodology. • Identify compliance risks and acting as business partner to Compliance • Managing risk assessment / business monitoring and the overall implementation of group audit methodology. • Managing audit assignments, draft audit issues for review by audit management, facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues. • Pro-actively developing and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas and work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally. • Completing all work assigned on a timely basis, including ad hoc projects and special investigations. Developing and maintaining broad regulatory experience. • Keeping current on business/industry changes and their effect on the business, audit plan/approach and risk assessments. • Providing coaching and mentorship to less experienced teammates EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 6 to 10 years of External Audit, Internal Audit or Compliance experience within a large and high growth company that provides financial products and services, and proven experience in evaluating internal controls or compliance programs. Working experience with the North American regulatory bodies is also preferred. SKILLS REQUIRED:
The successful candidate must possess:
- A working knowledge of consumer regulations and financial crimes risks
- Excellent experience in evaluating controls across multiple jurisdictions in a global financial organization
- Excellent relationship and communication skills to build internal networks within the team and wider firm, and the ability to clearly articulate business risks and controls at the senior management level.
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Proactive approach in managing engagements and seeking ways to add value
- A team player with excellent time and project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time.
- Design audit test programs to evaluate the adequacy of system and manual controls
- Have excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to see the big picture, analyze risks and make recommendations for improvements to mitigate those risks
- Experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process
- A passion for understanding the unique PayPal community, along with a passion for understanding the online payments business
- Ability to travel frequently, up to 30% of time.
- Execute a range of internal audit projects from the planning and execution through to reporting
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with client at all levels from management through to Executives, Audit Committees, and Boards.
- Identify and deliver on value added services to the client.
- Provide clients with strategic and operational solutions to their needs.
- Support the internal audit strategies and methodologies for the APAC region.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Big 4 or Financial Services Experience
- Experience using audit data repository, work paper documentation, risk assessment tools such as TeamMate
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.