Banking Project Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Optimum Solutions , EA Licence No: 07C3330
- 24 Apr 19
At least 8-10 years of working experience, preferably in banking environments - Have been thru projects using Agile delivery. - Familiarity with key technologies, e.g. JAVA, PCF, MariaDB is an advantage
- At least 8-10 years of working experience, preferably in banking environments
- Have been thru projects using Agile delivery.
- Familiarity with key technologies, e.g. JAVA, PCF, MariaDB is an advantage
- Candidate with development and delivery experience is essential
Candidate must speak and write well.
Essential Skills & Prerequisites
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 5– 10 years of development and delivery experience
- Relevant industry experience in Consumer Banking Product and Distribution.
- Fundamental knowledge of distributed Architectures, SOA, Micro-services, PaaS
We are seeking experienced senior project managers for multiple projects.
The role is responsible for end to end delivery of projects to an agreed cost, scope and schedule.
- Deliver projects for the minimum cost to an agreed scope and schedule with an acceptable risk profile, and aligned with appropriate change frameworks while maintaining quality and stability of underlying systems
- Own the finances, ensure that all financial metrics for the project are correct, and take an active part in maintaining a transparent and correct financial position for the project
- Drive a commercial ethos for the project by focusing on costs and actively seeking to introduce costs savings
- Manage all activities end-to-end to deliver the project (from scoping to implementation) to agreed parameters
- Actively work with and manage a wide range of stakeholders in the business, technology and where required outside the bank, to deliver the project to agreed parameters
- Actively manage project conflicts, dependencies, changes to scope, cost or schedule, risks and issues, and ensure plans are in place to mitigate them with urgency, and communicate these to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Deal with all project related escalations, and seek input and assistance from appropriate channels to resolve these in a timely manner
- Make or facilitate the making of decisions in a timely manner
- Actively monitor and report progress to all stakeholders in a timely manner by using a variety of formal and informal communication channels
- Ensure that project documentation and artefacts are current, relevant and correct
Required Experience and Competencies
- Proven track record of delivering projects to agreed project parameters, preferably within financial services organisations
- Proven capability of leading teams across sites and geographies
- Proven experience of working with business and technology stakeholders across all levels to achieve successful outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, leverage networks and drive project to successful completion
- High level of drive, integrity, persistence, edge, can-do attitude, pro-activeness and maturity
- Ability to influence, negotiate, lead and work as a team player to delive