Company Description Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you'll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold - to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com Job Description Your team
The OTC Analyst / Associate provides operational support to Sales & Trading teams on the processing, settlement and confirmation of OTC Derivatives transactions within agreed ASAPs and Client policies and procedures. The Asset classes include Equities, Interest Rates, Credit, Commodities and FX. Your mission
Qualifications What you need
- Timely and accurate validation and processing of OTC Equity and FX derivative products (Accumulators, Decumulators, Swaps, Dual Currency Investment, Structured Investment, FX related products).
- Matching trade details on dealing blotter, counterparty term-sheet / advice and verification of trades in trade capture system.
- Following-up with relevant parties to resolve any trade exceptions / discrepancies.
- Prompt settlement of premium, and trade events e.g. knockout, expiry, exercise, periodic fixing, including posting of accounting entries and releasing of appropriate Swift messages (e.g. MT 202, 541 and 543).
- Ensuring that client trade confirmations are prepared and sent on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that counter trade confirmations are executed. Any outstanding confirmations are to be escalated per the escalation matrix and followed up for resolution.
- Investigating and resolving all outstanding break items in Securities and Nostro as well as Internal accounts.
- Handling all trade enquiries from both external and internal stakeholders.
- Updating EOD checklist to ensure completeness.
- Maintaining close working relationship with team members and cross function teams.
- Ensuring operational delivery covering OTC activities are within agreed SLAs, KRIs and / or KPIs.
- Escalation of any operational risks relating to OTC matters to Manager for mitigation / control solutions.
- Ensuring that the bank's procedures and controls are complied with to prevent losses or risks due to errors, omission or non-compliance.
- Ensuring that all trades alleged by counterparty in DTCC and Markitwire are affirmed on in a timely manner.
- Performing User Acceptance Testing as and when required.
You will get extra points for the following
- Tertiary education (Diploma / Degree in Banking and Finance/Accountancy preferred but not necessary).
- At least 2 - 4 years of operations experience with products knowledge of OTC derivatives within Private Banking / Private Wealth Management.
- Familiar with Wealth Management products including front to back processes as well as end-to-end system knowledge in processing them.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel would be advantageous.
- Preferably with knowledge of Avaloq system.
Additional Information Now let's talk about perks and compensation
- Independent and proactive with good communication skills.
- Good team player with a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- High attention to details and good time management skills are essential.
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out "Success Share Units" depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone's' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language. Don't be shy - apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged. Job Location