Big Data Architect, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Overview DBS is the World's Best Digital Bank is on a mission to reimagine banking and make it a seamless and invisible part of our everyday lives. We put digital priorities at the heart of banking, designing and creating products and services to help our customers. Digital innovation pervades every part of the bank, from our consumer banking arm to corporate banking arm. With a strong culture of innovation, experimenting with new technology and collaboration with the FinTech community, we aim to simplify banking so we can help others Live More, Bank Less.
At DBS, we see ourselves as a 22,000 people start up, leveraging start up thinking while relying on the latest innovation to design and develop technology solutions for our customers and people.
We're looking for technologists across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
Based in Singapore, you'll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch, using Big Data and other OpenSource technologies, Microservices, cloud technologies, Agile and DevOps.
- Act as visionary and strategist for solutions/applications/systems across Big Data Platform
- As the architect, you are responsible to understand the requirements, analyse the functional delivery, define specification, design solutions
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design artefacts
- Advise during the development life cycle by serving as a solution SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities
- Provide end to end solution and design details
- Drive experimentation to assess new solution/application paths
- Lead formation of architecture roadmaps for the Big Data Platform
- Lead/participate in product selection process
- Lead/support new projects as solution architect capacity with an essential understanding of Big Data, Customer Management and Analytic
- Evaluate and communicate technical risk and ensure applications are delivered against a schedule with the highest quality
- Work with Dev Managers to establish professional development needs for practitioners in the solution/application area.
- Survey market landscape for solution/application insights, direction, vendors, and methods
- Minimum 5 years' experience in architect role with minimum 5 years of experience in development
- Deep end-to-end architecture and technology experience, including front-end, middleware, databases, data warehouses within banking environments
- Deep understanding of TOGAF architecture framework
- Experienced in SOA and microservices architecture
- Strong understanding of distributed systems
- Understanding of enterprise integration and messaging patterns
- Significant and solid software engineering experience related to Big Data and Analytic
- Development experience using Hadoop, HDFS , non-relational (NoSQL, MongoDB) and relational (DB2, Oracle, MySQL), Spark, Kafka, Mahout
- Development experience in Java/Scala, Python
- Proven experience of having solved complex analytical and technical problems
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex analytical outcomes, linkages and messages
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Proactive and able to work under pressure, strong problem-solving skills and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10 years' experience in architect role with minimum 8 years of experience in development
- Experience in Consumer Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Analytics experience (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, IBM Unica or similar technologies)
- Experience using Alluxio, Object Storage, AWS
- Experience of leading, coaching, mentoring technical teams
- Excellent team player.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.