Branch Oversight Function Review Manager
The Compl Bus Control Intmd Anlyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the resolution of cross-functional or cross business issues designed to ensure business compliance with laws, regulations, and policy requirements across key/complex risk levels.
- Utilizes the Issue Management processes and project management methodology from the initiation, planning, control requirements, execution, and closing phases of each issue.
- May support any area of the business (organizationally, regionally or product-wise) from an issue/project perspective.
- Liaises with Senior Business Level Officers, Legal, Risk, and Compliance regarding complex matters.
- Conducts targeted, mandatory or ad hoc Control Tests & Reviews for a department or group.
- Resolves problems or transactions where expertise is required to interpret problems/transactions against policies, guidelines or processes.
- Analyzes documentation and processes to ensure risks and control points are properly addressed, and are in accordance with Risk and Control Self-Assessments Policies.
- Contributes to work flow or process change and redesign.
- May be accountable for regular reporting or process administration.
- Forms a strong understanding of specific function or area.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant control and/or project experience
- High attention to detail and quality
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions
- Experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance
- Ability to present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives through listening and articulating a convincing point of view
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
The Branch Oversight Function (BOF) is a global framework for appropriate management oversight of the Consumer Retail Bank branches to ensure that processes and controls are operating in accordance with the relevant internal policies, control standards and local regulatory requirements. The BOF is an integral part of the management of the network environment and part of its first line of defense.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that Retail Bank Branches & CitiBusiness are in compliance with branch controls such that the country branch network is in a constant state of audit readiness. The role carries the responsibility of performing independent risk-based evaluations of the branch environment, assessing the processes end-to-end and implementing innovative solutions to enhance efficiencies and mitigate risks. The key responsibilities include the following:
- Perform branch visits, sampling & testing quarterly, or on an as-needed basis, to examine operational control effectiveness.
- Obtain data to derive a risk assessment based on Branch Control Risk Indicators (BCRI).
- Evaluate the control environment, including the Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) results, and identify risk factors and perform root cause analysis to make recommendations and workable solutions.
- Prepare and present observations and results to the Branch Management and Branch MCA Governance forum quarterly to ascertain the Risk & Control Ratings for the country.
- Work with stakeholders to implement and ensure ongoing digital monitoring program, escalate and remediate any gaps identified.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and review global and regional policies, e.g. Regional Consumer Controls Procedures Manual (RCCPM) and GCB Retail Branch Controls Standards, to identify gaps against local procedures.
- Review the Branch Risk Assessment Model to validate its effectiveness and relevance, and engage Country and Regional Management on changes where required.
- Participate in branch operations process enhancements and new initiatives to assess policy adherence to related controls.
- Design & monitor controls for regulatory and policy requirements.
- Conduct trainings for branch new hires and new managers on branch controls.
- Support and provide guidance to the business in handling audit examinations, queries & findings.
- Relevant experience in branch operations or banking risk and control functions.
- High attention to detail & quality, and possess strong analytical skills to recognize potential issues/risks.
- Ability to draw accurate conclusions from written or verbal information, identify links between component parts and spot trends in information, think conceptually to see how something fits into a wider system and take a holistic/'bigger picture' view while paying attention to details.
- Ability to communicate confidently across all levels of staff & senior management, articulate ideas effectively, especially while influencing stakeholders for implementing new ideas/process enhancements.
- Ability to work independently and execute with a sense of urgency and to deliver on tasks effectively and efficiently; Must be a team player and contributes to the team.
- Upholds ethics and values; Demonstrates integrity; Sets appropriate standards of behaviour; Encourages organizational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Grade : ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .