Business Analyst/Project Manager
- SGD150000 - SGD240000 per annum + Attractive
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 16 Oct 18
A top global bank is seeking a Business Analyst/Project Manager to join its financial markets team. This job is based in Singapore.
About the Business Analyst/Project Manager Role:
As a PM/Business Analyst within the Financial Markets Regulatory programme, you will be involved in critical regulatory projects, working in a dynamic global team with software engineers, business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders, operational partners and other technical experts globally.
- Deliver regulatory change to aggressive timelines with adherence to standards and active management of risk using the appropriate technologies and tools to time and within scope, escalating major blockages / changes to scope
- Perform in-depth analysis around requirements of the project and regulatory changes (regulatory platform projects including reporting and record-keeping).
- Participate in industry forums / calls and interpretation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations
- Manage relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders both internal (Legal, Compliance, other tech teams, Transaction Reporting teams) and external (DTCC, industry calls, regulators, etc.)
- Anticipate, identify and manage issues, risks and dependencies within work stream; set targets and be held accountable for achieving them
- Maintain best practice solutions and tools to improve / optimise work flow, identify opportunities for synergy and integration, and simplify complex processes
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of the project across FMO, IT and relevant FO teams
- Use appropriate tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc. to ensure that project task management is clear and unambiguous
- Proactively engage, manage and build relationships with both technology (including vendors) and business stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate transition to the production support team and post go-live tasks for all deliveries
To succeed in this Business Analyst/Project Manager role, you should have prior post-trade transaction reporting experience with project management skills.
- Post-trade transaction reporting experience and familiarity with trade life cycle events in the FM space
- Seven to 10 years' experience in project delivery/business analysis roles preferably within regulatory change in a financial services institution or management consultancy
- Two to five years' project management experience on regulatory projects
- Strong business analysis skills including business case development, requirements gathering and documentation, process analysis and gap analysis
- Extensive knowledge of derivatives markets, regulatory environment, products, services, operations and systems in capital markets
- Experience delivering solutions with either in-house/vendor trade reporting and/or reconciliation systems
- Knowledge of OTC regulations such as Dodd Frank Reporting, EMIR, MAS, HKMA, MiFID1 reporting is highly desirable
- Experience working with senior level business/stakeholder and delivering high profile projects
- Experience in financial domain projects; Experience in investment banking projects will be ideal
- Experience of OTC products and trade life cycle aligned to industry best practice
- Ability to document functional solution designs of high quality with no ambiguity
- Ability to articulate requirements clearly by using graphic and workflow tools such as Visio, wireframe tools, etc.
- Ability to work proactively & independently and display initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with an ability to work effectively across departments and geographies
- Proactive and driven individual - independent thinker able to influence and motivate others
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and VISIO
- PMP or Agile Scrum Master certifications will be viewed favourably
This is a leading banking institution that needs no introduction.
If you are driven and seek to advance your career with an industry leader, this Business Analyst/Project Manager role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today or contact me for a private discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1332085 Valerie Corera