We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the Investment Services Management (Real Estate) team in delivering a new system to the front office users. The project aims to integrate existing systems for analytics, reporting and workflows into one and provide a seamless user experience to our users. In addition to integration, the team is also looking to reengineer some of the existing processes and remove outdated practices. Responsibilities
- Part of the project team to roll out a new workflow to the Real Estate investment professionals and end users.
- Work with front and middle office teams to gather business requirements and execute test cases based on the design specifications.
- Report bugs and errors to development teams promptly for investigation and ensuring close monitoring of defect resolution and retest.
- Provide prompt updates on testing progress and clear escalation of potential risks to the Project Lead.
- Provide comprehensive documentation of requirements, specifications, test results and defect management for the required sign offs.
- Work with the technical teams to ensure that data is properly migrated from the former systems.
- Prepare materials and support the change management strategy.
- Experience in implementation of major IT projects in financial institutions including at least 2 years of relevant experience in user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, good in identifying issues and providing solutions to stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically in Excel and Power Query) and SQL.
- Exposure or knowledge in data visualization tool, Tableau is an advantage.
- Comfortable in attaining new skills through use of new technology tools and systems.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve and think out-of-the-box.
- Inquisitive and independent worker who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience interacting with and analyzing large data sets will be an advantage.