At Global Corporate Banking, we serve a diverse group of domestic and multinational corporations across a range of industries including government agencies, real estate, utilities, infrastructure, healthcare, technology, transportation, commodities and energy amongst others. We have dedicated relationship managers in offices across the world who provide comprehensive and personalised coverage to our clients through deep understanding of their activities and needs.
We are looking for an individual with business analytics and storytelling experience in financial services to join the Digital & Transformation Office to help the businesses organise and wrangle valuable information from big data. The individual should be a self-starter, energetic and have a passion for both problem-solving and telling compelling stories using data to business leaders. He/she will also work closely with our colleagues from the Group's data analytics teams as well as Data Analysts and Product Owners of digital transformation projects to solidify Global Corporate Banking's data foundation, drive data-driven decision-making and directly impact divisional automation initiatives and customer experience. We require an individual with an agile and nimble mindset, good understanding of emergent industry tools and best practices in data automation for delivering solutions at a rapid pace.
- Translate strategic priorities of Global Corporate Banking into measurable impactful goals to the data analytics team and clearly map out the analytical tools and approach to achieve it.
- Champion a culture of data-informed decision-making and advance our data capabilities across all business teams.
- Gather, synthesize and translate data requirements to serve business needs and our customers optimally, perform the required analytics using internal data, and augment it with external data, market data, credit data, partner data, digital data, etc.
- Make sense of data, analyze trends, draw out insights to explain or support hypotheses, build a story, propose and recommend the solution and next steps to address the business problem or opportunity.
- Manage day-to day deliverables against the agreed book of work, ensure service levels of the Analytics team are met, target milestones of the initiatives are achieved.
- Build, coach and mentor a team of Data Analysts to identify, define and solve high impact business problems by ensuring seamless execution, ensuring measurability and clear success metrics, and subsequently follow through on opportunity to optimize the campaigns
- Communicate effectively to senior stakeholders and present the insights that brought about the experimentation, the test design, the impact and results to the business
- Ensure clear and organized documentation of the end-to-end requirements to mount successful automated triggers, from basic business requirements, to logic creation, to grooming requirements, validation scenarios, test design, approvals signoffs and success metrics.
- Contribute to the division's data roadmap and lead the inclusion of lending, trade, deposits, investment banking, treasury and payments-related KPIs into business analytics use cases and outcomes
- Lead the migration of manual excel reports and dashboards to RM Workbench, build and maintain real-time or near real-time visualizations that helps our coverage teams digest the data and draw out trends and insights easily
- Leverage on the Enterprise Big Data Platform (EBP) in enhancing the end-to-end process of crafting lending and cross-sell solutions, lead the migration of the countries to a fully automated leads generation from eligibility to pricing assignment, with minimal manual intervention.
- Understand regulatory implications and develop mitigation and opportunity strategies
- Ensure robust quantity control in the analytical processes
- Cross functional leadership (communicating and influencing) to drive towards common goal
- 7+ years of experience in financial services with a focus on Corporate/Institution/Transaction Banking
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work, with advance understanding and/or technical experience in SQL and data modelling tools (e.g. Python)
- Proven track record in strategic thinking, commercial awareness and the ability to frame business problems
- Excellent analytical, technical and/or statistical skills with proven ability to translate large volumes of data into meaningful narratives
- An influencer who communicates clearly and frequently to both technical analysts and non-technical business leaders
- Intellectually curious, consistently seeking and developing new opportunities autonomously
- Growth mindset - eager to learn and try new things, adapt and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment