Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Business Associate (BA) Program is an exciting pathway into our firm for graduating, undergraduate Bachelor's students who are interested in the variety of career opportunities available in the investment management industry. This three-year, Singapore based program will help you gain insight into our industry, firm and culture, as well as, knowledge of the different business divisions that support our investment functions.
The program is split into three rotations across the different teams within the Client Group. You will be working on your business and technical skill set while assimilating into the firm, your job and our culture and over the course of the program, you will be discovering your long-term fit here at the firm and will be placed into positions across the firm that are complementary to your skills, interests, and business need. BAs have successfully transitioned into roles on their current BA teams, onto other teams in the firm and into other offices across the globe.
We expect new entrants to join the Business Associate Program upon their graduation in 2021. This program is designed to equip you with new skills and knowledge of our clients, industry, firm, and culture while developing a strong internal network that will set you up for a successful transition into the firm. By investing in your personal growth at the beginning, you will help us continue to exceed our client's expectations.
Across the APAC Client Group, there are three business teams in the Singapore office that work collaboratively together to service the many needs of our client base in Southeast Asia. The Client Group team consists of Relationship Managers and Analysts who focus their time on client and prospect activities; the Client Services Management Group (CSM) team comprising Client Service Managers and Client Analysts who are focused on the on-boarding and ongoing operational servicing for clients; and the The APAC Marketing team is responsible for brand building programs across the region. In addition, the team partners closely with client-facing and product management teams to develop and drive integrated marketing programs that are aligned to business priorities. The team is required to collaborate closely with regional and global centres of excellence in content, editorial, design and digital marketing to execute these initiatives.
The APAC Client Group is looking to hire a BA for 2021. APAC Client Group
Responsibilities working with the Client Group teams include, but are not limited to:
- Entering and monitoring client activities in Salesforce
- Producing and updating pitch books and other marketing material
- Execute and project-manage marketing initiatives and jobs (fund marketing collaterals, videos and other content deliverables and social media programs etc)
- Supporting external client seminars and other events (logistics, materials, facilitation and analytics, etc.)
- Maintaining internal client databases and tracking internal business metrics
- Responding to routine RFI requests
- Preparing client reports, marketing materials
- Handling routine client queries on operational issues
- Ongoing client servicing and maintenance
- Assisting with the onboarding process for new clients
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by the team
- University degree earned in 2020 or 2021
- Degree focus in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field preferred, but not required as all degrees will be considered
- Demonstrated passion for investment management and markets
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills (e.g., foreign language skills)
- Familiarity with diverse cultures and the ability to collaborate within a diverse environment
- Demonstrated accomplishments in academics, community service, and/or extracurricular activities
- Geographic flexibility with global mindset
- Strong grades in courses taken that emphasize analytical skills would be considered a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Demonstrated resourceful creative thinker and problem solver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Sharp quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize information
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
Application can be found via the job application page (Wellington.com > Careers > Campus Programs > Apply Now): https://www.wellington.com/en/campus-programs .
Qualified candidates should submit:
- Updated CV
- Statement of interest, 1 page, indicating: (1) why you are interested in Wellington and (2) what roles you are interested in the program
- Unofficial transcript of grades.
All documents should be submitted at one time in PDF format titled with your Last and First name. When you attach your resume, you can also attach your statement of interest and transcript. You cannot change or update your application after you submit it. Deadline to apply is 30th June 2021.
Candidates will be notified of their application status via email after the application deadline. If selected to continue, first round phone screens may be scheduled. Final round interviews will take place in May/June over video conference. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Business Associate LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .