Business Control Officer (Associate/Senior Associate)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
This position within the Front Office is responsible for supporting the Philippines, Australia, Indonesia and Thailand team on Front Office related matters, including client on-boarding, rollout of change initiatives and projects, and risk and control activities. The individual will also be required to support the team with rollout of change initiatives and projects.
- Follow up outstanding issues with RMs/MAs and ensure completion by deadline
- Involved in the formulating of new policies and advise on the feasibility to FO
- Operationalize the policies, once effected by training the RMs and MAs
- Periodic checks on the RMs/MAs to ensure compliance with all existing processes and procedures, including but not limited to sales policy, fraud prevention policy, trade blotters policy adherence etc.
- Report to Team Leader on testing results and any areas of concern
- Be the resource person for RMs/MAs on new policies and processes in Compliance/ Onboarding
- Involve in ORP related matters, like BCP planning, call tree exercise etc
- Represent the team in adhoc projects and UATs
At least 3 - 5 years of experience working in an AML/BC role in a private banking environment.
Demonstrable experience in investigation or due diligence roles in an equivalent financial institution would be viewed favorably.
Familiar with excel and preparation of statistics for reporting.
The candidate is expected to be versatile and knowledgeable in private banking and should have sufficient experience in on-boarding counterparties. Additionally, he is expected to be meticulous and self- motivated.