Business Intelligence Analyst
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for a central Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst who serves as the primary bridge between our large datasets and the business, instrumenting and facilitating access to high value information to support data-driven decision making. He/she will continuously evolve management reporting, enable a coherent set of metric dashboards and deliver relevant business datasets in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity.
This role will report to the Analytics Manager. You will:
- Strategise and develop the core APAC BI reporting and analytical environment and give holistic visibility of performance through the provisioning of self-service data marts and reports
- Collaborate with BI Engineers on the design, development and maintenance of data models (with focus on OLAP data-marts)
- Collaborate with fellow Data Analysts to ensure we are building the right data marts, introduce flexible, smart metric frameworks that help us scale analysis quicker and identify areas of improvement in our BI processes
- Maintain an intuitive and lean BI environment by
- Consolidate and organise key dashboards in the best 'flow' possible so business users can easily navigate them in a logical manner.
- Reviewing, cleaning and removing unused BI assets
- Ensuring data quality through developing gatekeeper, outlier notifications
- Maintain thorough knowledge of existing and emerging datasets and metric definitions, ensuring that they are well documented in a metric library and propagated consistently in our reporting
- Consistently socialise and evangelise what's in our BI ecosystem so business users can tap into existing reports
- Maintain knowledge on the latest updates of our BI tools so we can leverage new features or capabilities for our BI use cases
- At least 2 years of experience working in a BI or analytics function
- Experience working within a high-growth consumer Internet company with exposure to large amounts of customer data is highly beneficial
- Experience in organising KPIs and dashboards as well as reading metric trends to evaluate business performance
- Experience in gathering BI requirements and structuring specifications to produce business-relevant datasets and ensure data quality of the dataset
- Passion for democratizing data effectively to the wider organization for self-serve
- Keenness to innovate and improve the BI process beyond basic reporting, seeking ways to add value so that the organisation can consume data more effectively
- Strong communication skills, able to collaborate effectively with both sides of the business and technical divide.
- A self-starter mindset who takes ownership and excels in a lean and fast-paced organisation
- Strong visualisation skills using Looker, Tableau or other relevant visualisation tools.
- Good working knowledge on SQL and R/Python to perform data querying, building BI models and conducting data analysis.
- Good understanding of ETL/ELT concepts and their relevant use cases
- Knowledge of analytical and statistical techniques e.g. time series, regression is a good bonus